Saturday, January 12, 2013

Birthday Boy

Back when we first became a family I often found myself with a lump of emotion in my throat.  I was on the brink of tears a lot those first months.  Brought on by joy. By sadness for what had been lost, for who had been lost.  Every moment seemed so profound.  Dancing in the kitchen.  Meeting friends & family for the first time.  Nightly snuggles in the rocking chair.  Bare toes in the summer grass.  Christmas morning.  Then those firsts turned into life.  Sweet, lovely life as a family and the emotions became less intense.  

But today we had a small party for Turo's birthday and as his friends sang to him, I could feel the tears welling up.  On the 15th, it'll have been four years since we learned we had a son.  I have so much gratitude for this child and what he has brought to my life. He is such a gift.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment