Saturday, March 5, 2011

Now Keep it That Way

Growing up, I heard the phrase “now keep it that way” from my mom anytime we finished a big cleaning project. Even now these words ring in my head after I tidy up the house or straighten a shelf in the basement. For me the challenge isn’t always in the initial project but the maintenance of it. I feel like I go through life with lots of good intentions. I’ll made homemade granola bars once or I’ll compost for a week or I’ll click on the Moveon petition to fund NPR, but I don’t stick to it. I soon find myself buying less than healthy snacks, tossing the banana peels in the garbage and merely shaking my head at the direction our country is going. I stop. I stall. I get caught up in the day to day and lose sight of my bigger goals. But I want to be more. Do more. So I’m hoping to use this space to experiment and to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment